A-10 Custom Watch
The Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II is a single–seat, twin turbofan engine, straight wing jet aircraft developed by Fairchild-Republic for the United States Air Force (USAF). Commonly referred to by its nicknames “Warthog” or “Hog”, its official name comes from the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt, a World War II fighter that was effective at attacking ground targets. The A-10 was designed for close-in support of ground troops, close air support (CAS), and providing quick-action support for troops against helicopters and ground forces. It entered service in 1976 and is the only production-built aircraft that has served in the USAF that was designed solely for CAS. Its secondary mission is to provide forward air controller – airborne (FAC-A) support, by directing other aircraft in attacks on ground targets.
The A-10 was designed around the 30 mm GAU-8 Avenger rotary cannon. Its airframe was designed for durability, with measures such as 1,200 pounds (540 kg) of titanium armor to protect the cockpit and aircraft systems, enabling it to absorb a significant amount of damage and continue flying. Its short takeoff and landing capability permits operation from airstrips close to the front lines, and its simple design enables maintenance with minimal facilities. The A-10 served in Operation Desert Shield, and Operation Desert Storm, the American intervention against Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait, where the A-10 distinguished itself. The A-10 also participated in other conflicts such as Operation Urgent Fury in Grenada, the Balkans, Afghanistan, Iraq, and against ISIS in the Middle East.
Out of stock
Movement: Miyota OS21.
- Japanese movement built by Citizen watch company.
- 2 positioned chronograph
- 2 sub-dials. 24 hr. and 60 min.
- Pull/Push crown used to set the time and date and to adjust chronograph settings.
Case: 44mm wide, 11.5mm thick 316 stainless steel.
- At 11.5mm this is incredibly thin, especially for a 44mm sized watch. This gives it a sleek, low profile on your wrist, unlike many of the 44mm+ sized watches that look big and bulky.
- The case back is screw on stainless steel, which increases the thickness a fraction more than the snap on backs, but provides a lot more protection and strength.
Hands: Luminescent markers on the minute and hour hands, as well as on all sub-dials.:
Strap: Genuine oil tanned leather made in the USA.
- 22mm wide.
- NATO or Stitched Leather with stainless steel clasps
Sapphire Crystal Window: Used in most high-end watches, it provides a much higher scratch resistance than the more common mineral glass.
- Hardness of 9 on the Mohs scale.
- Only surpassed by diamond in terms of hardness.
Water Resistance: By no means is this a diving watch, but it is water resistant to 100 meters (Note. Not water proof), though not recommended to spend a prolonged amount of time in the water due to the leather strap.
Other internal components: Top and bottom rockers are 100% stainless steel, and they run through a stainless steel routing into the movement.
- A lot of cheaper watches will use a plastic router that breaks easily.
- The stainless steel adds an additional cost but increases the strength by an order of magnitude.
|Dimensions||9 x 2 x 6 in|