C-5 Custom Watch
The Lockheed C-5 Galaxy is a large military transport aircraft originally designed and built by Lockheed, and now maintained and upgraded by its successor, Lockheed Martin. It provides the United States Air Force (USAF) with a heavy intercontinental-range strategic airlift capability, one that can carry outsize and oversize loads, including all air-certifiable cargo. The Galaxy has many similarities to its smaller Lockheed C-141 Starlifter predecessor, and the later Boeing C-17 Globemaster III. The C-5 is among the largest military aircraft in the world.
The USAF has operated the C-5 since 1969. In that time, the airlifter supported US military operations in all major conflicts including Vietnam, Iraq, Yugoslavia and Afghanistan, as well as allied support, such as Israel during the Yom Kippur War and operations in the Gulf War. The Galaxy has also been used to distribute humanitarian aid and disaster relief, and supported the US Space Shuttle program.
Movement: Miyota OS21.
- Japanese movement built by Citizen watch company.
- 2 positioned chronograph
- 2 sub-dials. 24 hr. and 60 min.
- Pull/Push crown used to set the time and date and to adjust chronograph settings.
Case: 44mm wide, 11.5mm thick 316 stainless steel.
- At 11.5mm this is incredibly thin, especially for a 44mm sized watch. This gives it a sleek, low profile on your wrist, unlike many of the 44mm+ sized watches that look big and bulky.
- The case back is screw on stainless steel, which increases the thickness a fraction more than the snap on backs, but provides a lot more protection and strength.
Hands: Luminescent markers on the minute and hour hands, as well as on all sub-dials.:
Strap: Genuine oil tanned leather made in the USA.
- 22mm wide.
- NATO or Stitched Leather with stainless steel clasps
Sapphire Crystal Window: Used in most high-end watches, it provides a much higher scratch resistance than the more common mineral glass.
- Hardness of 9 on the Mohs scale.
- Only surpassed by diamond in terms of hardness.
Water Resistance: By no means is this a diving watch, but it is water resistant to 100 meters (Note. Not water proof), though not recommended to spend a prolonged amount of time in the water due to the leather strap.
Other internal components: Top and bottom rockers are 100% stainless steel, and they run through a stainless steel routing into the movement.
- A lot of cheaper watches will use a plastic router that breaks easily.
- The stainless steel adds an additional cost but increases the strength by an order of magnitude.