To get started on a Custom Wingman Watch project, go to the Custom Watch page and fill out the Design Request form. If you don’t know exactly how you want your watch to look, don’t worry. We can start with the basic elements and then work the details from there.
To help you get started on the process, we offer three dial layouts to build the watch around; “Classic”, “Aviator”, and “Instrument”.
The CLASSIC layout follows the simplistic design of our inaugural First Wave watch. With silver hour makers and only 15 and 21 hour numbers, this dial has a clean look and allows for the most available real estate for the aircraft at the 6 o’clock position.
The AVIATOR layout is inspired by early field watches with larger hour numbers and raised waifers at the 3,6, and 9 o’clock positions.
The INSTRUMENT layout contains the familiar elements of cockpit gauges all around the dial.
You can also blend elements from each of these layouts to further tailor your custom watch.
Check out these examples of each dial layout, and blend of layouts, that we have built or are currently building.
Built in the USA with the best parts sourced from around the world!
Movement: Swiss Ronda 5021.d
- Our “Ameri-chrono” watch, assembled in the USA using a high-end Swiss quartz chronograph movement.
- 2 positioned chronograph.
- 2 recessed sub-dials. 60 min. and 60 second.
- Pull/Push crown used to set the time and date and to adjust chronograph settings.
- Accurate to +/- 7 seconds per month
- 2 positioned chronograph.
Case: 44mm wide, 10.5mm thick 316 stainless steel.
- At 10.5mm, this watch has a sleek profile on your wrist, unlike many of the 44mm+ sized watches that look big and bulky.
- The case-back is screwed on and engraved separately from the watch to protect the movement from damage from the laser. This process is used in most high-end watches and leads to the caseback engraving not “lining up” with the watch.
- 316 stainless steel is the “go-to” steel for all high-end watches. It is a surgical grade stainless steel that finished with either a brushed or polished finish.
Hands: Proprietary “continuous curve” hands with subset luminescent markers on the minute and hour hands, as well as on the 2 sub-dials.
Strap: Genuine oil tanned leather, Nylon NATO, or tactical rubber made in the USA.
- 22mm wide.
- Stainless steel hardware.
Sapphire Crystal Window: Used in most high-end watches, it provides a much higher scratch resistance than the more common mineral glass.
- Hardness of 9 on the Mohs scale.
- Only surpassed by diamond in terms of hardness.
- Sourced from Switzerland with an anti-reflective coating on the inside and outside of the crystal.
Water Resistance: By no means is this a diving watch, but it is water resistant to 100 meters (Note. Not water proof). Not recommended to spend a prolonged amount of time in the water, based on which strap you have.
Other internal components: Top and bottom rockers are 100% stainless steel, and they run through a stainless steel routing into the movement.
- A lot of cheaper watches will use a plastic router that breaks easily.
- The stainless steel adds an additional cost but increases the strength by an order of magnitude.
Classic, Aviator, Instrument